Gravely mowers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gunslinger686, May 16, 2007.

1. gunslinger686

gunslinger686 LawnSite Member
    from Bog,LA

My first post on here and i must say i have learned a lot .Kudos to all on this awesome site YOU HAVE MADE HERE. A s i said i'm new to the game and have been looking for a ztr for my son (16yr) and my self to do some sideline yard work and hopefully grow to a full fledge business.Nuff about me ,,been looking at a gravely mod #991016 or pm148z my question is ,,is this the XDZ MODEL.Found this site and it shows no deference in the two models:hammerhead:

click link>>>>

Any one have this mower any info i think it's o6 mod.

thanks cw.
  2. slbroug

slbroug LawnSite Member

I believe that 2006 was the first year of the XDZ deck, but I am not really sure. For what it's worth, I bought a 2005 leftover from a nearby dealership that is actually Gravely owned for $5100. This machine has the former deck design and is a bit less heavy duty than the XDZ, but by no means flimsy. It is 7 gauge fabricated deck that is deep (5-1/4") and very good at mulching. I have a doubles on it and it just mowed down a 5" rain soaked lawn yesterday like it wasn't there. We have mostly thinner blade grasses in New England (Bluegrass/Ryegrass mix) and they grow rapidly this time of year. I have only 1/2 acre of lawn and it does the job in 20 minutes flat. You really can't go wrong with a Gravely mower. They give you a lot for the money compared to some of the other brands that use distributors. Gravely I am told sells direct to the dealers, so there is one less mark up to pay for. I also have a Gravely 36" walkbehind with mulch kit installed and it has also been a solid workhorse. So simple to work on that anyone can handle 90% of the maintenance. Very economical mowers and very well built too. I recommend looking for a leftover model at significant savings, but be sure that the dealer will take care of you when it is needed. No mower generates a dime when in the shop waiting.