Gravely Mulch & Bahia Tall Grass Kit?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky03, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

Are these two the things the same thing or not? In the catalog it has them listed separately, but there are no pictures. Also you pay $110 for two thin little strips of metal and the so called "Kit" does not even come with any blades? Anyways, is there a difference here or not?

Thanks...

2. Husky03

Come on now little help here :)

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The two kits are different. The mulch kit is a set of baffles that isolate each blade "chamber", as well as a new set of blades.
    I have no idea what a Bahia/tall grass kit is, we have never sold one.

4. Husky03

That is bad. I just bought the Bahia kit from a dealer close to me and they told me that there was no difference at all. All that the kit came with was two strips of metal and hardware to mount them under the deck. The kit did not come with any blades or anything. They still charged me $110 for this kit. Did they screw me over? Do you have any pictures? Are you a dealer?:angry:

Thanks... :)

5. Mowingman

from Texas

I am a Gravely dealer. I will call the factory tomorrow and find out just what that other kit is supposed to contain. Will post here tomorrow evening, or as soon as I can talk with the tech. service folks.

6. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Try asking Gravley directly through their website for a pic of both kits. I have been harassing them with questions about their mowers for a couple weeks now and they are always very fast with a reply. I have a pic of a diagram of their mulch kit that they sent me but I dont know how to post it :blush:

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Are you wanting to mulch or cut Bahia & tall grass?

8. Mowingman

from Texas

The mulch kit includes baffles that enclose each blade chamber and a set of mulching blades. We sell it for $136.00.
    The Bahia/tall grass kit includes a set of baffles that help lift up thin grass blades for a better cut. They do not fully inclose each chamber like the mulch baffles do. You do not get any blades with this kit. Our price on the Bahia kit would be $124.00.
    Hope this info. helps.

9. Husky03

I want to mulch. I will be giving Gravely a call today.

Thanks... :)

10. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Tell Gravely that their dealer is a bozo (of course only if it applies).

I love my Gravely. But my dealer is a certified moron. I just bought a new mower and guess who didn't even get considered. And it seems like there are a fair number of Gravely dealers from the old school that don't like dealing with us PUSHY commercial guys that want our equipment fixed quickly and want accurate information on accessories.

Maybe with enough ground swell they will get better dealers or force some of them to acquire some customer service skills.