1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely on tour

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schlepie, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

Going to be attending a free landscape seminar, sponsered by Gravely and 2 dealers in my area on Monday. Has anyone else been to one of these lately? The speaker is Kevin Kehoe.
    " Making your business profitable".

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Please let me know how this goes and what you think. This sounds like a great idea but I have never heard of any dealer doing this in my surrounding area.

3. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

The seminar was great. Not only was the speaker very knowledgeable, but very entertaining as well. Basically, it was about putting more money on the bottom line. Afterward, we got to try all the new Gravely products that we wanted. If anyone is interested, I would call Gravely and see if you can get this in your area. The 2 local dealers split the cost and the seminar was free to the LCO. Highly recommended!!!

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Its a nice marketing technique Gravely is using. The last few issues of one of the industry magazines has a similar Gravely insert.
  5. goose

goose LawnSite Member

I am going to see him tomorrow(Friday).I will let you know how it goes.
  6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I just got a call yesterday from my dealer inviting me to attend the same seminar this month in my area. Im looking forward to it.:)
  7. Craig Orth

Craig Orth LawnSite Member

My name is Craig Orth and I work for the Ariens Company and am one of the people working on "Gravely On Tour".
    It was great to read all of the positive feedback from those who have attended one of these seminars and I would just like to offer some more information.
    As it was stated before, we have teamed up with some of our dealers and Kevin Kehoe to offer you a seminar that will help you improve your bottom line. The key topics that Kevin covers are:

- How to set the right price for your services
    - How to make the right profit
    - How to get the right customer
    - How to pay yourself the right amount of money
    - How to motivate and pay your employees

Our next seminars are scheduled in:
    - Chalfont, PA on Wednesday, Feb 18
    - Minneapolis, MN on Tuesday, March 18
    - Traverse City, MI on Thursday, March 20
    - Detroit, MI on Friday, March 21

If you are interested in attending one of these seminars, please contact me at corth@ariens.com and I will get you the necessary information.
    If you would like more information on the tour or Kevin Kehoe, please visit www.gravely.com and click on the Gravely On Tour link.
    Thanks again and we hope to see you at one of our next seminars
  8. Gravely_Man

This is great. Now the closest seminar to me is Chalfont, PA, which is over 3 hours each way from me. Hopefully something will be happening closer to me in the future.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Mr Orth
    Will there be anyThing In the connecticut Area. I'm Looking To Get away from Exmark And i like to try some of your New mowers. i Did start with gravely. I was striping with the stamped deck before it was in style.
    thank's John.
  10. Gravely_Man

I have received a reply from Kevin and it appears that the closest the tour will get to me this year is PA. I might have to start rethinking my mower brand allegiance if that is the closest the company cares to get to the Washington, DC area. There are quite a few users of their product in this area. The dealer locator on their website lists a lot of dealers for my area. Who knows what the real deal is.