Gravely On Tour

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phishook, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravely gave an AWESOME seminar today. When I signed up I thought it was going to be a "Why Gravely is better thing", but it was everything but that.
    It was about an eight hour seminar just on making money in landscape maintenance and construction. Good speaker, easy to listen to.
    Hopefully an annual thing.

Plus Burke's from Valpo brought the line of Gravely's out for some testing. The Eye-Q system sounded pretty good. And I just wish all mower had the hydro deck lift like Gravely offers. If you are in the market for a Z, Don't leave them out.

:D

2. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

My dad Gordon went there today in our place since we had to take our 3B peticide test. He said it was very informative and he brought back alot of free stuff including the echo trimmer!

3. Phishook

I didn't think he looked 18. Nice score though. Hopefully he picked you up the progam to calculate costs too.

Did ya get that spreader from riggs?

4. terracare

Yes he did, Todd and I are going to fiddle with the program tomorrow, and no he's not 18(Todd and I are actualy19 now)Gordon's 60

and yes we wone the spreader from riggs at their last open house, Good guess!

5. Phishook

na, they're just the only Shin dealer around.

Enjoy it, that's the only deal you'll get from them.;)

6. terracare

They are quick to service the equipment. They also talk directly to us when we want to buy something, which is not a reaction Ed and I usually get. We like Riggs

Sorry about the confusion, it looks like both Ed and I are posting right now

Todd

7. terracare

very true, but they are good people there and excellent service.
    Have no fear we still buy from burkes, just bought a new 34Z there and will pick it up at the end of the month so we can get the 5% off with the hand out we got from the seminar today

8. Phishook

Ouch, you really liked the 34 enough to get one? Eye-Q?

I havn't bought from Burke's in a long time besides belts, blades, and whatevers. But I never get the run around from them. They remember me and know my 3yrolds name that's only been there twice. I went to Riggs a dozen times trying to get a EFI from them. Finally I gave up and went to Fort Wayne and saved 2k.

9. terracare

We saw the 34Z at the expo in louisville and loved it! very resionable price and it will eliminate 90% of the push mowing and best of all you can sit!!!!

10. Phishook

I really didn't have much time to look at it that close. I guess I'm just figuring that a WB could be more productive in that deck size.

The price is good though.

Hey you may as well see if Dave will just go ahead and knock off 6% and so you don't have to mess with the tax.