1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely or Exmark???????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bucmaster, Jan 30, 2004.

1. bucmaster

bucmaster LawnSite Member

I have been looking at both gravely and exmark for a wb. I used an Exmark last year and I know they are great, but I don't like the new ECS sytem they are forcing me to buy. The gravelt I have been looking at is a rock solid machine from its looks,but I have never cut with it. Anyone use a Gravely that can give some input?

I should add that the gravely and exmark I am looking at are both 15hp Kawisaki's with a 48 inch floating deck.

Heck I am torn here. Thinking of just waiting till I can demo each.:rolleyes:
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Waiting to demo each is the best and really only decision you should make at this point. You will find people with all kinds of suggestions. You alone have to use whatever you buy. Its your money. I've heard good and just ok things about Gravely's cut. Guess it depends on your conditions. You may check into it, but I think you can still get eXmark's with pistol grips instead of ecs. You just have to ask for it. They might have to order it for you.
  3. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

The exmark metro hp is available in a 48". it has a 15hp kawa on it. It has pistol grips available. It is belt driven. I didn't know if you wanted belt drive or hydro.
  4. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

sorry i made a mistake. The metro is still available with the pistol grips. the metro isn't a floating deck. Sorry
  5. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

You might want to ask the member SWD about the Gravely cut. I just bought all Gravely (260Z, 48" Hydro Pro Steer and 21"), but the grass is not growing here so I can't say how the cut is on the 48". I did use the 21" on my yard and it did a great job.
  6. ManleyLawn

ManleyLawn LawnSite Member

i agree with 65hoss. demo-ing equipment is the best way to go because only you know which one will work best for your operation