Gravely or Ferris

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Cj's lawnservice, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Cj's lawnservice

Cj's lawnservice LawnSite Member

Which would you prefer?? Gravely or Ferris?? Also why please?? Thanks!:usflag:
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Both good!
  3. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

If both brands come from the same dealer or the dealers are equal, I'd go with the ferris - smooth ride. I run a is2000 and is3100. Love them both.
  4. CEN61

CEN61 LawnSite Member

Ferris, I have a 3100 37hp Kaw and a new Evolution 48" 27 hp Kaw.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

ferris no doubt.
  6. CEN61

CEN61 LawnSite Member

1 great thing about the Ferris is it records only cutting hours so when you get ready to buy new equipment your old stuff has fewer hours on it. So if it still looks good you get more money for your used equipment. The suspension also make a long day alot easier on your body. Less operator fatigue.
  7. Magnum Services

Magnum Services LawnSite Member

FERRIS IS 2000Z! You can't beat the ride and it is MY butt in the seat!
  8. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

WOW I am shocked at the replys. I have heard alot of guys bash Ferris. The ride is the best I will give you that. Ferris guys hows the deck? does it mulch it up good? Do you have to clean it out alot?. I just drove one on pavement never got to demo
  9. Matlock Lawncare

Matlock Lawncare LawnSite Member

Ferris for sure, I have had just about everything out there. Hands down the best! Dealer is terrific, power is in abundance, deck maintenance is minimal and easy, and easy to work on if you need to,(older machines). I would trade two of my older mowers (any other brand) For one Ferris.
  10. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

My ferris is a pretty good mower and I have never used a greavely so my vote is for ferris!