Gravely or quick 36? (read thread please)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brent crumley, Mar 26, 2008.

1. brent crumley

brent crumley LawnSite Member

I called a local dealer here today and he said i could buy a new Gravely 36wb gear drive for 2700.00. Also I can buy a Quick 36 hydro for 2700.00 also so which would you buy? Also thanks for the other threads. Brent @ YARD CUTS in Hueytown Al. I have a long day thursday so I will check back after 8pm for comments. AGAIN THANKS:

2. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

hmmm, if its possible go with a gravely hydro. To me the quick's just look cheaply built compared to more heavy duty models of wb's like toro, exmark, etc. I realize this doesn't really help lol just thought i'd chime in

3. brent crumley

brent crumley LawnSite Member

jbannick, the gravely 36 is gear drive. 2700.00 not hydro thanks. brent

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

The Quicks are a great bargin and built like tanks. I would tell you to contact BOP and ask for some local owners so that you can try one out.

5. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

the quick mowers are built pretty good but there not built no where's near as strong as a gravely. the gravely's are truly overbuilt.

6. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Seems to me a dual hydro WB requires a VERY strong & therefore heavy frame to support all the drive components and the various torsions to deliver that power to both rear wheels independently...and most are near 500 lbs, and go up to over 700 lbs depending on deck size. Tire size would then play a huge role in rutting issues.

7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

probably never touched a Quick mower in his life:nono:

8. ranger351w

ranger351w LawnSite Member

I bought a Quick 36 super last year and just run it. had no issues out of the box. Well built . Only thing is they do not like grades to much as you really need to hang on to them on slopes. But they are a great machine that does a good looking mow. Do not know how they are on warranty as have had no issues to pursue. They work good with the bagger also.:usflag:

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

if you are going to cut wide open lots. Go with quick if you have alot of hills maybe gravely. I bought a toro gear drive this year for 3200 the only reason was I have hills to cut. Now I must say that the gear drive will not move well when the belts get wet due to rain or early morning due. Now I dont cut in the rain so who cares but having a hydro like quick could finish the lawn if you get stuck in a shower.

If I could of gotten my hands on a quick around here and tested it to see if I could still do the hills I would Have bought the quick!!!!!!

10. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

Your right I haven't even seen one, and I see plenty of companies in Orlando. I do like the 3 blade approach of the quick though. I've read alot of discussions on this site and I think the main thing in question with bop is whether or not it will last years on end.