Gravely patrs...WHATS THE DEAL!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, May 23, 2007.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

OMG! I never had any problems getting parts for my Toro or Exmark but this new Gravely, what a PITA! I waited almost 3 weeks for a bagger unit, 4 or 5 days for a new impeller unit and belt, now over 1 week for a mulch kit and no delivery date in sight. What gives Gravely? Is it my dealer or a Gravely problem? Any one else having the same problems. I like the mower but if something breaks I dont want to be waiting for weeks for a part, Maybe I should of bought a Scagg.:realmad:
  2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

its got to be the dealer. my mulch kit took 2 days to get here and the dealer said any parts I need would be here in 2 days unless back ordered.
  3. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

After getting the same stories from 3 local Gravely dealers for a period of 10 years, I bought a Dixie Chopper, haven't needed any parts yet(300 hours, knock on wood), and it cuts better!
  4. johnwon

johnwon LawnSite Senior Member

I ordered a mulch kit for mine from and it came in just a few days straight from Ariens. I hope it will always be that easy.
  5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

It must be the dealer. I order Gravely parts 3 or 4 days/week at my shop. The fill rate is about 99.999%, and it all comes within 3 days. In fact, I have had a backorder on only 1 part this whole year so far.
  6. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

It's the dealer, I've ordered parts for mine from MowPart and also direct from my dealer. My mulch kit took 2 days as well. I'd find a new dealer and give them a shot.
  7. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

My dealer in Kansas City has an online parts catalog for gravely machines, and if they don't have it in stock, they will ship it directly to you from wherever they get it from. Give it a try, I always get parts within three days (most are not in stock).
  8. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

you're not supposed to have a bagger unit.
  9. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

I agree, it sounds like your dealer.
  10. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

it's your dealer. Everything from Ariens/ Gravely ships directly from Brillion Wisconsin. Truck is 2-3 days out and ups is 4-5 days ground and that's from the East Coast.

As far as parts go, when they place their order, they have the ability to have them shipped next or second day air and when they do the order, it shows them what the shipping costs would be right on the order screen.

I think Gravely has the, or one of the best fill rates, and dealer online networks going. Husky is up there too. Nothing better to be able to look up a part, tell a customer EXACTLY when they will have it, and EXACTLY how much it will cost to ship. Oh, Kawasaki Engine parts or pretty good like that. They'll ship everything second day air STANDARD.

Again, Dealers order directly from Gravely. There is no middle man distributor to deal with so that custs out cost and time. I wish all manufacturers would do this. Dealers costs would go down, and so would prices. And, order time would go down as well.

You guys would love it!!!