Gravely PM 34Z

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Cuttin 7N7, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Cuttin 7N7

Cuttin 7N7 LawnSite Member

I am in the process of adding to my equipment, I currently have an 96 Gravely PM 300 with 60' deck. It is an old mower but it runs great and cuts just as well. What I am planing on purchasing is a Gravely PM 34Z, to fit through gates and smaller yards. Does any body have input on quality of mower or any thing on mower good or bad. :help:

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

It is the perfect mower for backyards. Riding is so much better than having a walkbehind. I bought mine in march and have been more than happy with it. It evan pulled my exmark out after I got it stuck in the mud last week.

3. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Bought mine about 2 weeks ago, it cuts really well and is well made. I would highly recomend it for properties that have 36" gates.

It really fits through a 36" gate, where a 36" wb wont.

Do a search on it and you will find a lot of posts of it.

4. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Southern, what did you pay for that machine?? How is the enclosed working out?/

5. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Toy,

I got the machine for $4600 with Tax and a discharge plate and I am very happy that I bought the machine. Overall the machine is very nimble and surprisingly fast down long stretches. I bought the gravely for 2 reasons, first I can go through 36" gates (there are a lot of them in Houston) and it does well on complicated lawns. Second I liked the idea of being able to mow large areas and small areas which I would have to bring out a 21" to mow. Even on larger properties ( commerical) that have long strips of lawns, the gravely does well.

For me the enclosed is the only way to go. I can lock it up while I mow and I dont have to worry about someone trying to rip me off. When we get a thunderstorm, I dont have to worry about any of my equipment getting ruined, I can just sit in a parking lot until the storm passes. I got my pace with a ramp for 2,900. I also had trimmer racks installed and Later on I would like some tool, blower and hedge trimmer racks added. I would recomend getting plywood interior walls if you can, they would be worth the extra cash.