Gravely Pro 36 does any one own one?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by REALSLOW, Oct 1, 2006.

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I am looking at a used one with 600 hours, are they good mowers? I have to drive a hour to look at it for 800$ it has a 14 Kawie. Thanks
  2. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

What year? What engine( kia, twin, single)?
  3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new one, well new this year belt drive and I like the machine it cuts very well and has enough power to pull me (230 lbs) on my sulky. The year and engine size and HP would be nice to know.
  4. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

I have a gravely 52" and 34"
    14 kawa on the 34 and 23 on the 52"

I cant say enough about the 52", its my bull, clean cut smooth no problem

My 34" with the smaller engine im still out on. It seems to miss a lot of blades of grass and makes me have to go over twice to get it sometimes. And I mean miss them, not just barely cut, but it will actually have a blade or 2 of grass just sticking up after I pass sometimes, its like the blades dont cover a one blade thickness in the center of the mower.

Has a lot of power, but both of them tend to tear up some turf if you turn faster than a snail.

$800 bux though, prolly decent and will last ya a few....
  5. FyrFyt

FyrFyt LawnSite Member

Hey Waterscapes, what model is your 52? I am looking at the 152xdz with the 23hp. Also I think your in my area so to speak. Where did you get it. I can pick one up for $6299..

Sorry to go off topic... :)
  6. justinc

justinc LawnSite Member

Picked up my Pro 36 in May. Only have a little over 100 hours on it. Im really liking it. Gravelys are well built mowers. Ive had zero problems with mine.
  7. Waterscapes By Design

Ive got the 152Z....
    where are you gonna buy it? I payed a bit less than you did.....:dizzy:
  8. FyrFyt

FyrFyt LawnSite Member

the gravely dealer in LoL. Havent finalized anything and it was his initial offer. Havent really haggled or anything. What price range should I be looking at.
  9. Waterscapes By Design

well I happened to be up in brooksville one day and stopped by a mower shop when I was there and got an old man to give me a written estimate on the 152z.

then I took it to cutter power and had him match it.......$5400
  10. FyrFyt

FyrFyt LawnSite Member

Yea, thats a substatial savings. Well gives me an idea to take with me to haggle with.

Gonna give a few of the local shops a call and see what i can put together. Where do you get it serviced? Any major issues?