1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely Pro 40

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by summitgroundskeeping, May 2, 2002.

1. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Gravely Pro 40 last week. I needed a smaller walk behind as a back up encase I got backed up or incase one of my other mowers broke down. Do any of you guys know about these things.
    Gavely Pro 40: 40' deck, belt 12.5 kaw. incredibly low low hours and in like new cond., I got it for $800
  2. P. Nelson

P. Nelson LawnSite Member

I know nothing about the Pro 40 however I owned a Pro 50 for 8 years. The best piece of advice I can give you is if you take care of it the machine will take care of you. My Pro 50 had a spindle go bad the first year I had it which the dealer paid for. Other than that I kept it greased and the oil changed on a strict regiment and had no problems at all...period.

Sounds like you got a steal. I just sold my Pro 50 it was 8 years old with high hours for $1450.
  3. Gordyo

Gordyo LawnSite Member

I bought a pro 40 about 8 years ago for $600. Made my money back ten times. The original engine blew and I replaced it with a 13 HP Honda engine and I still use it.