Gravely Pro G 1548, Going to work for me?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mattfromNY, Jan 25, 2007.

1. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the market for a 48 or 52 walk behind. I am currently running Ferris mowers, and really like the '07s, but have the opportunity to purchase a leftover 2005 Gravely Pro G 1548 New for $2500, and it is from a good dealer and source for parts and service. The deal sounds good, but from what I've read I dont know if it will work for me. It wont be my primary mower, I have a Ferris IS2000 ZTR, and a 36" hydro. The new mower will need to hold some pretty good hills (gone for some rides on the ZTR... DOWNHILL!:hammerhead: ) and pull a velke, sulky or proslide. I dont know if 15hp is enough, and I'm not sure of the belt drive, even if it is a double belt. I have landed some pretty large commercial accounts, and I'm getting sick of walking on the smaller parcels with the 36. Also, the controls on the Ferris 36 suck! Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  2. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I had that exact machine, and I thought it was really good. I weigh 210, and it pulled me on a sulky no problem. I mow a lot of hills, and it did fine, but my Exmark 52" ztr does just as well. I paid $3K with a grass catcher for a 2004. Paid extra for the sulky. Excellent discharge mower.

I used to cut big flat yards at full speed in top gear, and it still gave a nice cut.