Gravely pro G

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jdseven, Mar 11, 2002.

1. jdseven

jdseven LawnSite Member

I was looking at a new Gravely Pro g 48" walk-behind today and noticed they have a double blade kit. I wanted to know if any member was using this mower and how did they like it. Thanks for any reply

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

When Barry and the guys from Gravely were building the new mower they spent a lot of time here on this site. They asked us what we thought was needed. They made the bracket for the doubles. I saw the setup recently. It looks like it will be awesome. You should be very happy with it. The new w/b's are very nice, the guys at Gravely did a real good job of raising the bar in w/b's. I have not been able to test one out cutting yet, but I would bet it will cut some grass!

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hello jdseven
    I Think They Are The Only One's with a Deep deck On a walk Behined In the 17hp Range with a Speed to Mach. Deeper deck faster Mowing :D The secound cut should Be even faster:blob4:
    Johnny g. :cool: :cool:

4. jdseven

jdseven LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. One other thing I noticed they are now using one large drive belt before they had the two small ones. The price was $2799 which did not seem bad. Did anyone notice the stand-on skidster in the catalog. It looks like Gravely is getting into the landscape industry big time.