Gravely PRO H 1536 vs quick 36 and 32 wright

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hermanator, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Hermanator

Hermanator LawnSite Member

any one out there run the gravely pro h 1536? IF SO, GOOD, BAD OR INDIFFERENT? it looks like a heck of a good mower. We have a quick 36 and a 32 wright stander, but are not happy with either of them. need to get things figured out for next year and like the looks of the gravely, but don't want to buy one this late in the season.

thanx

2. Hermanator

no one runs one?

3. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

Hermanator, what don't you like about the Quick 36, other than it being a single hydro?

bigcutup

4. Hermanator

1. reverse is to slow and to awkward to engage
    2. to slow forward
    3. front high adjustment is to slow. We can live with the back, as we will only change the front from yard to yard if needed. The front caster shafts need to have 2 sides flattened and the spacers "u" shaped. Then you can move them to the top or bottom with out pulling the shaft out.

A good mower, but not fast and handy

5. higgyandson

higgyandson LawnSite Member

We have 2 1536's and are happy with both. They both have over a thousand hours ( one approaching 2000) and just keep running. We do oil and filters every week but otherwise only sharpen blades. Have accelerator bags on both.

6. Hermanator

are yours hydro's? if so, are they handy and quick to operate? like back and fourth, etc... The steering is similar to a zero turn, so i would assume that they are, but not sure. thanx

7. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

"u" channel spacers?? hmmm wouldn't they fall out? Better uses the same setup that most fixed deck models use. It takes longer to bust out the wrench and adjust the back than it does the front. When I do mine I pic the front up, pull the pin, the caster drops out, move the spacers where you want it do the other side. Both fronts take about a minute to change.

-TAZ

8. Hermanator

no, as there is just a little hook at the ends and the flat sides of the shaft are 1/4 inch from the bottum of the caster. works great and is a lot faster.

9. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Little hook? Under typical hard use little movable parts are just more to break, come undone or get lost. There are reasons that Exmark, Scag and most other fixed deck units use the same spacer arangement. It's not tough to change. Like I said before it's more time consuming process to change the rear setting. That takes me about twice as long. In any event you don't want to change the rear without the front on any mower as the deck would no longer be level.

As for the ground speed of the unit talk to Gary as I thought that he was working on that. It's ony one MPH slower ( 5 vs 6) than other mowers.

-TAZ

10. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Interesting, as I find changing the height on the front takes less than a minute including both sides. Like TAZ said, busting out the socket for the back is what takes the most time.