Gravely Pro turn 152

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TenderCareLawnService, Sep 20, 2012.

1. TenderCareLawnService

TenderCareLawnService LawnSite Member

I just bought another lawn care company and in this acquisition was a Gravely Pro Turn 152. The trouble I'm having with it is the grass not being thrown out hard enough. I am using the standard Gravely blades like the attachment. I have tried different kinds of blades to see if that will help and it didn't make much of a difference. Now, please forgive me but I'm just not that experienced with Gravely so any advice is greatly appreciated.

15-1065_2.jpg

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Those blades don't have much in the way of an air sail. I'd try one with a lot more lift, which in turn will move the air a lot more/harder and discharge better and farther.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

What year is the mower? I think 2008 started the production of the xfactor deck. That deck likes the high lift solid foil blades. You will find the xfactor does not blow the clippings out quite as far as an exmark for example. It chops them up and disperses them pretty good.

4. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Check and set engine RPMs this will get blade tip speed where it should be.

5. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

I agree, this is the first thing I'd do. If the mower doesn't have a tach on it you can buy a mechanical tach for checking engine speeds for around 20 bucks. It's a good (and inexpensive) tool to have around.

Good luck! Stan

6. watsmi57

watsmi57 LawnSite Senior Member

you need some hi lift blades and check your belt tension. I just tightened mine up a little and it really is throwing the clippings well. I am not sure how much you can adjust belt tension on the 100 series. I know the 200's have adjustments for each belt.

7. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

The pictured blades are not OE I don't believe. OE Gravely blades, from my experience, are not straight.