GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Good to know. I'll have to look into it.

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Did you pay to get an account with them? I have a business account with amsoil and get everything at reduced cost. It is $6.40 a quart for the 4 stroke 10W-30 with my account.

4. GMLC

Yes I paid $20 for a 1 year preferred membership. I bought a case for $72 and some change! Which is only $1 more per quart than I buy mobil 1 for on sale. Im pretty psyched about trying Amsoil. I also bought a case of Saber Professional.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been using the Saber for over two years now and it's worked great. I'm mixing it at about 75 to 1 instead of the 100 to 1 but that's just me.

6. GMLC

Maintenance day today!

Wash: done
    Check Fluids and Filters: done
    Check Tire Pressure: 10psi
    Check Deck Level: side to side=level/ front to back=1/8" front pitch
    Check Deck Height: within 1/4" of dial adjust settings
    Grease: none(spoiled now and hate greasing my other mowers)
    Replace Blades: Stens High Lift(will report performance on Monday)

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

7. ProStreetCamaro

Looking good! I haven't checked my tire pressure yet. I bet it is way to high. I will do that before I head out in the morning. As for the greasing thing. I wish gravely did use grease fittings in 4 areas. I would like grease fittings in the spindles, front castors, front wheel bearings and the deck idler pulley and idler arm. That's coming from somebody that has owned a bunch of gravely mowers.

8. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

GMLC. Have you estimated your fuel usage per hour yet? Just curious. Heard the fx series kawasaki are not the best on gas.

9. GMLC

Sorry I have not checked my GPH yet. My plan is to after my 50 hour oil change.

10. ProStreetCamaro

My machine just turned 4 hours even and I used 7 gallons (one full tank) so that's about 1.75 gallons per hour with my FX921V. I hope after the engine gets broken in good it will go down to around 1.5 but that might be wishful thinking.