GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Subscribe !!

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Fellas,
    I'm betting that the tanks capacity is actually what they claim, but you can't actually get that much fuel in there by filling them normally since the EPA buttheads make them comply with the stupid filler neck/airspace rules. When I fill my mower at the station, I fill it to the bottom of the neck, then start slowly filling it from there. By shaking the machine lightly while filling I can almost always squeeze another gallon to gallon and a half into it and stilll not be all the way up to the top of the tank's neck.

3. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

:laugh: I know what you mean now that I have a mower newer than 5 years old. I'm picturing a gas station with three or four LCOs filling their rigs all shaking there mowers while dribbling gas into the neck. Heck with the right song this could make a great video.:dancing:

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Mmmm........maybe Neil McCoy's "The shake"?:dancing:

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Just performed my second oil change on the 452. Went to synthetic oil. Im using Amsoil Formula 4 Stroke Small Engine oil with a Wix filter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious, have you checked what you get for GPH? or just know if it seems to be decent on fuel or not? How is it power-wise with the bagger? (I know this has been answered, but i quickly looked through this entire thread and couldnt find it:cry:)

7. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Oh and by the way, i know you have a separate post about amsoil, but I switched for my mowers last fall with the exact same oil, and It may be me but i have noticed a difference with the motor oil. It definately does come out cleaner at the reccomended intervals on my kawi 23 hp.

I also started using the amsoil saber 2 weeks ago. It woke my redmax blowers and weedwackers right up real nice, absolutely can tell a difference. but it took about two or three tank fulls in each to realize. they start up better and rev up faster too.

If you like those products try the amsoil quickshot. that made even more of a difference than the oils did. I have tried a bunch of fuel treatments without much difference in the performance, but WOW the quickshot absolutely made a difference. I used it in all my chainsaws and the difference was much more than i was expecting. my chainsaws usually took four or five pulls to start after sitting for a month or so, now it is like one or two pulls!

8. GMLC

I have not checked GPH yet. I will next week. More than enough power bagging and climbing hills.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. GMLC

Thanks good to know! How many hours do you go on the Amsoil? I was going 50 before but was thinking of going 75 with Amsoil. With the Saber are you running 100:1?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That's exactly my experience as well, and what I've posted repeatedly here on LS. It'll be a long time before I ever use any other 2 stroke oil. Thumbs Up