GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Every Kawi I've had has had a raspier sounding exhaust note than Kohlers. To me they (Kawi's) sound much more business like.

2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i sat on one of these yesterday.

i wasnt overly inpressed. the seat padding was nill.

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Very strange? My seat is loaded with some kind of memory foam. Even with no air it feels like a lay-z boy. With air its like a cloud!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Same here. I don't feel like I have been beat up at the end of the day like I used to feel with all of our previous mowers. You really do feel like you are floating on a cloud.

5. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't even believe this! Are you sure it wasn't a 100 or 200 series that you sat on with a non suspension seat or the common suspension seat? I've been on at least five major brands of mowers recently and none of them even came close to the padding of the seat let alone the suspension.

6. ProStreetCamaro

Figured I would throw up a pic of the new 460 along with our old 3000 hour lazer hp. This old lazer is my dads favorite machine. He likes how low it sits and he likes the hand deck lift.

[​IMG]

7. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

:dizzy: That seat looks like its a mile high over the exmark seat!

I didnt realize that, that was one of my least favorite things about my cub cadet tank.. That will impose a slight problem on some of my lawns where i already have problems with my lazer z hp

8. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

The seat will no doubt will be little higher. Some of this also depends how much air you have in it. I think there is about 4-6" of seat travel when airing up. I also think part of it may be an optical illusion due to the angle and the fence in the rear of the picture. Look at this thread of my 460 on my trailer with my Hustler Super Z. The SZs are known to be some of the lowest COG.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=379728 Post #13

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Dont let the look of the seat fool ya. The actuall center of gravity is really low.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ProStreetCamaro

The center of gravity is very low but the seat is pretty high. I have found a few small tree's that I have to duck more to get under. The old lazer hp's sat VERY low. Lower than any mower I have ever seen and that's one of the things my dad loves about that old machine. What I don't like about that old lazer is how much of a biotch it is to work on. Everything is so compact and tightly packed it makes it very hard to get to things to fix them. You will find with the seat aired up it does sit about as high as the Tanks do.