GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Dont burn up!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

3. GMLC

I do have to report the first problem with my 452. The hour meter went blank today! Went to my dealer and they ordered a new one.:cry::cry:

4. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

GMLC. How much did you pay for your striping kit?

5. GMLC

$75.00
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

My gas gauge has started to stick a bit. The level wont raise as I am filling tank. After I cut a lawn it has raised to where it should be.

Also the threads where the rubber handle stop threads on are stripped. I had to cut one day with the handle on one side down much lower than the other side. That evening I had to pull it off and put a nut on it then push it back though the stripped threads and put a second nut on the back side in order to get it to stay in place. This is something gravely should have done in the first place. That is absolutely r e t a r d e d that they did not have a nut on both sides to lock it in place.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  7. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Have any of you noticed a poorer QOC with the striping kit? I'm wondering if it is blocking too much of the air intake at the rear of the deck?

Also do you find that the front end (wheels and deck) bounce around a lot over rough turf? I'm finding waves in my cutting. I've go the optional pneumatics on front and been playing with tire psi but no luck. I think the engine is placed back farther behind the rear tires making the front lighter than other mowers I'm use to. I may try running my bagger weights on the front to see if this helps. Also may swap out the pneumatics for the no flats and see if this changes anything. This is a rough yard and the sun is setting to really make it stand out. And yes I was probably going faster then I should have (gps shows about 8.5-10 mph). First time a customer ever called me to come back and try recutting her yard. I notice some with my Hustler but not nothing like this.

IMG04185-20120621-2109.jpg

IMG04187-20120621-2109.jpg

IMG04190-20120621-2110.jpg

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  8. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

What's up with the dark and light wheel striping,overlap? Just doesn't look right to me.

9. GMLC

Overlap, the edging side of the deck is offset. Great for edging around obstacles but it does cover one of the wheel stripes I have noticed.

10. GMLC

No bouncing here at all and I have some rough properties. It must be the the pneumatics. The hybrid run flats are very soft and flexible.