1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I do normally change directions on this property, but can only find one pic. These stripes are at a 45 degree angle.

004.jpg

2. GMLC

Just a quick update on the stripe kit. As PSC mentioned earlier in this thread, for some reason the stripe kit gets better with some hours on it. I'm very happy with the stripe kit at this time and all is well with my 452!!

Soon I will be changing my hydro filters and oil as I approach 75 hours on my machine. I want to thank mtmower for putting the whole procedure in his thread!

00004.jpg

3. GMLC

4. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Those lawns look awesome. Everything still going good with the mower?

5. GMLC

Yup all is well with the mower! Just need some rain...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DZR

DZR LawnSite Member

Hello everyone. This is my first post.

I have the Pro Turn 460 and love it. Thanks to everyone for all of the great information in this forum.

While checking the mower over the weekend I noticed that the rubber seat isolators were damaged. I did a quick search on the part number (p/n 07500213) and I found a service letter from Ariens/Gravely that describes the issue and a recommendation for the correct adjustment for the seat retainer threaded washer.

I thought this might be worth checking out - see the link below.

http://apache.ariens.com/manuals/L-2192.PDF

7. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Great info! Mine was originally set up too loose from factory and I have some pretty rough properties. When talking to my rep he recommended tightening them to take some of the slap out of the seat that can snowball if the property is rough enough. This also helps the seat to lean less when side hilling on steep slopes (20 degree:rolleyes::nono:)

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I had questioned the vibration I was getting from the seat while going up hills. The gravely rep on this site told me about that so I checked and sure enough mine nuts were barely on the threads. After adjusting them that solved that issue. :drinkup:

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Yea, I believe we all need to adjust every now and then for maximum comfort while mowing.:laugh:

10. GMLC

I made this post on 6/22 when my hour meter went blank and went to my dealer, he ordered a new one under warranty. Needless to say he still doesn't have my hour meter!! I can order one from arienspartsdirect.com and have it on my doorstep in 2 days. Not a happy camper!! Same thing happened when I ordered factory blades and a stripe kit which I ended up ordering myself and had within two days as well. Took him over 4 weeks.