GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

$2000 air seat ? Thats insane no way Im paying that much for a seat no matter how comfortable. I can barely stay awake now sitting in a $500 seat. I'd be nappin instead of working. I prefer the $2000 massage chair at home for after work.

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Its included with the purchase of the 400 series. Doesnt cost $2000 more to have it. Just wouldnt want to have to replace it becuase some employee ripped it up!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

GMLC..do you have part number for the oem highlifts blades? Also the part number for the regular lift blades that your running. Thanks.

4. yrock777

yrock777 LawnSite Member

Well....I bought a mower! Not a Gravely nor a Scag....a Deere! Z910a '48 for a KILLER DEAL....6987. Im pretty stoked that I didn't have to spend 10 grand, but still got an awesome machine for such a great price! Thanks to everybody in the thread that took the time to share their thoughts on the Pro Turn 400 series! I almost bought it, but the thought of having to replace a $2000 dollar seat (you never know what could happen), I just couldn't bite the bullet. I only mow 5 or 6 yards just so I can have a cool mower, so I think the 20.5 Kawasaki will be fine paired with the '48 deck.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Congratulations!

I think you'll be happy with it. The std Pro deck does really well with the G6 blades BTW. You may want to try a set. they actuallly take a bit less power to run then the OEM high lifts do even thought eh G6 is considered a high lift blade.

6. yrock777

yrock777 LawnSite Member

I will be sure to get a set of the G6's! I have a nearly brand new set that I didn't let go with my 52 wildcat that I just sold. Too bad they won't fit the new Deere!

7. GMLC

Sorry it took so long. OEM #00450300(factory hi lift which comes on mower). Oregon #91 623(super hi lift) which I have yet to use because OEM blades have worked so good for me. Stay away from the Stens factory replacement blades which have less lift and caused my deck to clog and clump!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GMLC

I spent the day today with two great Gravely Reps(Kevin and Ron) at Turf Depot's open house!! Where I learned some exciting news about the X-Factor deck, by next spring it will be updated with a new larger discharge opening and a front adjustable skirt!! Gravely does listen to our feedback!!!

Also tomorrow I will be receiving the new Pro-Stance 52 for as long as I need to write a review!!!

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds very good. Gravely actually asked me to be a product beta tester. The part they wanted me to test made me hesitant so I back away from it. Way to much liability if it came apart. I never signed the NDA but I feel obligated to not say what they wanted me to test.

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I have a short demo tomorrow with w 48" Prostance. I'm looking forward to it.