GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. STATEMENTLAWNCARE

STATEMENTLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

The only thing that I'm hung up on is the MOD. That would be so nice for the properties I mow but it's also just one more thing to break. I know that the 7 iron lays down a nice cut. I'll demo both this spring so I guess it's just gonna come down to personal preference. Let's see how the improved x factor does! Wish didn't have to wait 2 months! Thanks for the info
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

You buried in snow too?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The MOD is pretty simple in design. Not much to break really, and anything that might could be fixed really quickly. I have the MOD on my 950. Set up correctly with the rught pitch to the deck, blades etc., it lays down one heck of a nice cut.:)

The Gravely's cut excellently as well.

4. GMLC

Its going to be a tough call comparing two of the top 3 decks made IMO. Its a good problem to have!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

at this point i think you can't go wrong with a deere, scag, or a gravely after reading all of these threads the past few years.

6. GMLC

Just realized this thread has over 500 posts! 499 are probably mine....:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. STATEMENTLAWNCARE

STATEMENTLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Yes..still covered in money from the sky:) we usually don't get started till mid to late April here in good ol Minnesota!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GMLC

Okay its official!! Gravely has contacted me to review the new X-Factor II deck!! They have gone above and beyond yet again as the new deck will be sent to my dealer to be installed on my 452!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Hey, it sounds like Gravely listened to me when I said they should give you the new deck to try on your machine. IMO it's the best way to get a fair comparison between the two decks.

10. GMLC

Ridin' I think you may have given them the idea!! I know they read these threads. Thanks brotha!
    Posted via Mobile Device