GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Just the opposite up here in the NW. Earliest season in 10 years at least. Started dethatching about five weeks ago and have been mowing ever since. It's still on the slow side so a few properties that aren't have fertilizer just dumped on them are getting cut about every other week. Should be full tilt by next. It's taken a little bit of the spring stress out of my year. Thankful after this past sad snow season.

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey guys does your mowers discharge like this? Watch closely and you will see mine throwing the grass out and down instead of just straight out. This is the only thing I dont like and both my XFactor 60" mowers discharge this way.

http://youtu.be/ei1HpdDuhPE?t=1m31s

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I had thought the discharge was a little consentrated. It never posed a problem until I tried lower lift blades, I only use factory blades now. Gravely used our feedback for the new deck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. mtmower

Yes. X2 on GMLC said.

Hey. If anyone is interested in a Power Chute for an X Factor I have a used one for sale. They are $340 plus S/H new. I'd sell this one for $150 plus S/H. Approx. 100 hrs. of use and motor is about 5 weeks old.

5. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

if it would fit the new deck i would take it in a heart beat. why are you getting rid of it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. mtmower

Going a different direction. PM me if you're interested.

7. JDGlandscape

JDGlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Did any of you guys notice a need for the weight kit that they put on when you have a bagger? I would prefer to take it off if it isn't really that critical
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

On flat ground no. Any hills yes. I have lifted my front end going up hill with a full load of clippings without the weight kit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I've lifted the front even WITH weights going up hills that we have around here. lol

10. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Took the weights off the very first day. Not needed unless you have a lot of hills. I have had all three bags completely packed and even running it up my trailer ramp the front end will not wheelie.
    Posted via Mobile Device