GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

The compact pro is a niche machine. Made for very tight properties where even a small framed ztr would have trouble. The Gravely 100 series is comparable to your Scag. But both the Scag and Gravely 100 series cost much more than the compact pro and both come with suspn seats.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Forgot to ask. Did you check the tire pressures? Sometimes dealers never check or over inflate the tires.
    I run 10-12 psi in the rear.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Have you checked the tire pressure?

Some of the mowers today leave the dealer with outrageously high PSI. People read the "maximum pressure" (on the side of a tire) and think that they're supposed to set the air pressure at that number....this is totally wrong. That # (max pressure) is exactly what it says it is....."the maximum pressure that can be used with that particular tire". The correct pressure for a particular tire depends on how much weight the tire is supporting.

In my experience, depending on what the tire pressure was set on when you got the mower home, lowering it to 7-10 psi (on all 4 if the front casters are pneumatic) will soften the ride about as much as a suspension seat. I run about 6-8 psi (all the way around) on my BB Lightning.

Tire pressure is so critical for achieving a softer ride, I can't believe that it is so often overlooked by the manufacturers/dealers/operators. I just don't get it. :confused:

Stan

4. StanWilhite

:laugh: I posted before reading this post.

5. Cutman007

Cutman007 LawnSite Member

I said in my original post that it was an impulsive buy..I did lower the tire pressure from 20 to 15 psi. I'll see the dealer and believe it will be ok in the end..I'll also try 10 psi on all tires tomorrow...

6. StanWilhite

After trying 10 psi, try about 8 and see if you can't feel the difference.
    You'll get it worked out....I wouldn't be too hard on myself about the impulse buying, it happens to most people at some point (if not all). :)

7. StanWilhite

PS. I didn't take time to read the entire thread before posting.
    Good luck, Stan

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Something else gravely's are good at. Just needs more deer body room so I have a place for my feet. Other than that a perfect fit.

[​IMG]

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Nice buck bro. Did you shoot it, or run it down? Oh wait, you'd need a Hustler SZ to do that wouldn't you? :laugh:

10. Cutman007

Cutman007 LawnSite Member

Thanks Stan....:)