GRAVELY PRO TURN 452 REVIEW!! With Pics!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by GMLC, Mar 30, 2012.

1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

2. GMLC

Sorry I missed one of your questions. I cut mostly KBG, fescue with some rye.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. GMLC

Well my first mow on northern grass with the 452 was actually a clean up. I used the bagging system to pick up some leaves today. I set the deck at 3 1/4" and only cut a 1/2" or so off the lawn. The lawn was a fescue mix and not to thick yet. The conditions were dry. I must say I was impressed with the stripes considering my hex stripe kit is still on order. The bagging system operated perfectly and cut my clean up time down! The mower also performed very well and the kawi had plenty of power for the blower. The deck stayed very clean. Here are some pics. I know the stripes are not perfectly straight yet as I am still getting use to the machine.

008.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Looks darn good IMO. When you get the striper kit installed, those stripes are gonna pop nicely.

Oh yea, just try to remember to not white knuckle the control bars.:laugh::laugh:

5. GMLC

Really not bad considering how thin the grass was. IMO I should have waited another week or so. Speaking of control bars I did get a little excited and took off to fast and spun the rear wheels:hammerhead::hammerhead:

Another one of my clients emailed me today and says their lawn is ready to cut. I'm going to try to sneak it in latter this week. Im booked with clean ups and mulch jobs through the first week of May:cry:

6. kmzlawncare

kmzlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Here's some stripe's from the 460 I demoed last week and they are without a stripe kit.

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

7. GMLC

Very nice! Can't wait for the grass here to thicken up like that. Are you thinking about buying it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GMLC

9. kmzlawncare

kmzlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna buy a 466 as soon as I talk my wife into it. The fleet pricing really makes the price more attractive. I hope to have one before the mowing season is over.

10. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

kmzlawncare, Looks nice. How good did the deck discharge the clippings? Did you find any odd or negative things about it? Which engine did it have?