Gravely PRO TURN 460 reviews?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Chris_NC06, Apr 14, 2013.

1. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Don't you wished you could have mowed all those hours you spent on the DC's on the 460 instead?!?
    Would have been a lot less waking up in the morning with back pain. Lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. LibertyFarmLandscaping

from NE TX

Have 90 hours on the 460 and loving it. No problems other than the 5400 hydro recall.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. kmzlawncare

kmzlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new 460 with the 31hp I love my Gravley I have used it in tall grass wet grass dry grass and now I've been mulching leaves this thing takes what ever I throw at it. These mowers are smooth well built mowers. If you are looking for a new mower you need to demo the 400 series first.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I had 450 hours on my first 460 and now 220 on the new one with the kohler efi. Very good cutting, smooth operating and well built machines. Really cant go wrong with any of the commercial gravely mowers.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Does the gravely belt honestly fall off if you are not at full throttle? If so that is ridiculous, and would be a deal buster for me.

6. LibertyFarmLandscaping

from NE TX

No it does not. That poster has some other issue going on. Maybe just the idler arm spring needs adjusting.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. kmzlawncare

kmzlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I've never had a belt fall off I run at part throttle mulching leaves I'm not sure we're your getting that information at.

8. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

Not trying to be a thread jacker but what ZT5400 recall? Is it specific to gravely's or ZT5400s on all brands?!?!

9. LibertyFarmLandscaping

from NE TX

It's discussed in the last few pages of this thread. It is a small range of serial numbers. Just Gravely and Bad Boy brands that I know of.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=408390&highlight=5400+recall&page=46
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Mine popped off once when I engaged at less than half throttle. Spring tension was set too loose.