gravely promaster 200 series

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matt223, May 4, 2003.

1. matt223

matt223 LawnSite Member

i am considering purchasing a gravely promaster 200 series Z rider. the price seems like a great deal so i was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the history of the model and how it holds up. are there any problems with cutting or driving it??

2. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

never used one but see them all over. haven't heard anything bad about them. kinda curious about them too. looks like they stick out kinda far in the back. how much was the guy asking?

3. scottishmaximus

from ohio

also how much hp and hours and homeowner/ commercial use
    any other info

4. matt223

matt223 LawnSite Member

the gravely is a 23 hp watercooled. has a 60 inch deck. only 154 hours. 1997 model. has two handles between the legs instead of outside. has a hydraulic lift on the deck.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is one of the very first Z's that Gravely put out, and was quickly withdrawn with lack of sales due to performance. This should NOT in any way be mistaken for the newer Z models like the 260. They are not even CLOSE to the same machine, and perform accordingly. You don't see many of these machine in the field, and it's for a reason. I know 2 others that owned these machines, and both had the same conclusion. I think I would pass it up, and see what else is out there. You are going to want cut quality down the road.

6. scottishmaximus

from ohio

7. matt223

matt223 LawnSite Member

what is that supposed to mean

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I totally agree with Runner and I would pass on this mower and keep looking for a much newer Gravely. This was not there best piece of work and the company has made a lot of changes/improvements since then.

Gravely_Man

9. matt223

matt223 LawnSite Member

thanks for the help guys

10. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a local dealer try the new Great Dane z riders...

they are very nice at good prices!! Heavy built!

I bought a 61" 25 HP Chariot for $7,399!!

Hope this helps!