Gravely ProMaster 30-H ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikekl, Apr 21, 2005.

1. mikekl

mikekl LawnSite Member

I just bought a 1992 Gravely Pro master 30H (same thing as the PM 460) out front mower,2WD,30 hp Yanmar diesel and 72" deck (PTO driven)It has 2100 hrs on it,I assume thats pretty low for a diesel. I have been friend with the guy I bought it from for years,he only used it part time,plus I know he takes real good care of all his equipment.He charged me $4000. Does this sound like a fair price?plus he included 5 of each kind of filters new in boxes,another set of wheels and tires,another belt, a new set of wheel bearings,and a 5 gallon gas can filled with diesel!! I love this mower so far ,I can knock out my big yards easily,but it is kinda slow with a top speed of 8mph. Oh yeah,the owners manual listed weight as 495lbs. That cannot be right,my 48" metro weighs that or more.Anyone know roughly what these kind of mowers weigh?Trying to decide where to put it on the trailer.Thanks,MikeK.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Are we talking about the large machine with the steering wheel? That is the only 300 that was available with the 30 hp diesel. At first, I thought you were talking about the one like I have, which is the one with the two wheels under the seat that pivot - similar to the 320PM of today. As read, I realized that it must be the big front deck that you were refering to that was the size of the old John Deere 900 series of front decks (930, 932, etc.). If that is the case, yeah, weighs 495 lbs.. The DECK, that is! lol This thing is a monster. It sounds like you paid a fair market value for the machine. This thing is a big unit for many properties, unless you do alot of open areas. It will definitely knock out some grass, though. Good luck with it, bought a heck of a machine!