1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely prosteer guys!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by j_loppy, Aug 21, 2003.

1. j_loppy

j_loppy LawnSite Member

I'm trying to find out how many of you have had problems with your steering and drive belts. I've got a Pro G 1548 with the prosteer option and am getting really upset with this company over this issue. The product has, in my case, not been up to par. The belts slip when climbing hills which is a safety issue as much as anything.

Please post your problems. I'm in touch with Gravely and my local dealer on this issue, so the more indians around their wagon the better.

If you are sick of seeing this thread, say so.

2. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i have the 1336 prosteer...i have not had any issues w/ belts going up hills...as a matter of fact mine goes up hills quite nicely...going down hills i will get off of the sulky and walk it down ever so carefully...i have had a problem with the right side drive belt...seems like after only a couple hrs use, it was not pulling very strong at all on the right side...i adjusted it to pull as much as the left side...had to do it 2 more times since with only 48hrs on it...i am now to the point where i cannot adjust it anymore..not sure what the exact name of the piece is,(belt tensioner???) adjusted all the way out...maybe it just needs a new belt...no big deal to me...one quick tip---there are two cotler pins that hold the belt adjustment lever's to the steering controls...take them off, drill a hole in them and insert a quick release pin in them...then when you do have to adjust them all you have to do is take out the pin, pull the rod out of the steering handle, and twist the bar accordingly...wish i had a pic...good luck...