Gravely Rapid XZ front mount

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigsnowdog, Jul 24, 2008.

1. bigsnowdog

bigsnowdog LawnSite Member

Apparently this is a new model, and has some sort of automated, hydraulic weight jacking system that can be enabled or disabled. It is available with three different Kohler engines.

Has anyone here had experience with this model? ....and how does it compare to Grasshopper's front mount? I realize that there are those who will simply say that Grasshopper is better than Gravely, but I am interested in a more objective comparison.

What are the feelings of the group on Gravely in general?

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I sold both Grasshopper and Gravely at our shop. I would say the Grasshopper is light years ahead of Gravely in design. We did not even keep any of the front deck Gravelys in stock. The Gravely is built tough, but some of the deck related features are not user friendly. Let Gravely have a couple of more years to refine their designs, and they might become almost as good as Grasshopper. Maybe!!

3. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I think someone did a rather extensive critique on this mower a few months ago. Might be able to find it usint the search feature, or someone might remember who it was.