1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gravely Replacement Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mitw44, Mar 20, 2009.

1. mitw44

mitw44 LawnSite Member

I am looking for an online source for blades for my 3 mowers:

Ariens Commercial 21" model # 911207 blade # 01137000

Gravel 32" walkbehind model # 988118 - GR1332FXP blade # 04919100

Gravely 48" ZTR model # 991027 - 21 hp PM148M XDZ blade # 00450200

I have looked at the sites mentioned here, and I have not yet found a site that lists blades for all 3 mowers.

I am looking for high quality blades at a reasonable price. It would be great if I could mail the used blades back for resharpening.

I live about 50 miles from Tulsa. There are no Gravely dealers where I live, and the one I used to use, Bailey's in Owasso, was bought out by John Deere, and no longer handles Gravely. There is one or two other shops in Tulsa, but I am not familiar with them.

For me, I am looking for convienence, and the mail would make it easy. I am not a great blade sharpener, and don't do enough volume to make a dedicated sharpener pay for itself. Again, the mail would make it convienent.

Any ideas? Anyone on Lawnsite that owns a Gravely dealership that could help me out?

2. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

3. Jeff Tracey Enterprises

Jeff Tracey Enterprises LawnSite Member

Mit, I have a Gravely ZT 2148 and had the same problem, I was wanting both a mulching blade and also a high lift and could not find squat anywere. I took the old high lift blades off and went to my local Echo dealer I use, ( they also sell exmarks and toros) and asked them if they had a blade that was high lift and mulching, they cross referenced the size and got me exactly what I needed, so long story short, put the exmark blades on it depending on what you are looking for. Jeff

4. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

Call
    Smith Distributing in OKC
    1-800-289-9582

ask for a "Stens" catalog

set up an account with a credit card account,
    they bill your credit card and deliver it straight to your door via UPS for $8-15 per shipment
    order over $200 free delivery

all your maintenance are in the catalog: blades, air filters, oil filters, belts, bearings, pumps.....all about 40-50% off

looking in the catalog
    21" mower mulch blade - $7.71
    32" mulch blades- $8.75 - $12.01 each
    48" couldn't find it, but assuming ...3 @ 16 1/2" - $7-12 each

I get a lot of my stuff from this place for all my mowers.
    I just ordered some brass bushings for my velke this morning.