gravely shaft driven pro15

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutnitclose, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Picked up an older gravely pro15.... It is as stout as a mule, and mows great.... It is a little slower than my Toro, but mows just as good... I know generally that something is worth whatever someone is willing to give for it, but whats does everyone think would be a good asking price? I was thinking about listing it and picking up another walk behind.....

2. Man....... Where's the love......

3. onelegjohn

onelegjohn LawnSite Member

Is this a tractor or a lawnmower?

4. I consider it a commercial mower, It will cut through anything, I'll try to describe it.... It has a 16hp kohler, shaft driven very comfortable it has a steering wheel... 50 inch deck..... It is an older machine, the manaul says it is a pro15 and it mows great.... I don't know if this helps, but I hope so.....

5. onelegjohn

onelegjohn LawnSite Member

I believe you have a pro 50. They have rear wheel steering by a chain and a brake for each tire in front. Am I correct? I have had one. Sorry I sold it. A ton of power. They are based off the older walk behind tractors.

6. That is is it... It is a little slow but will mow like a scalded dog... If you were going to sell it what would you relisticaly ask for it, I have a toro Z. and I would like to get a walk behind to go with it...

7. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Why would you trade your Deere 54" walkbehind, for the Gravley, so you can trade it for a walkbehind? (just because of the vibration the Deere had?)

8. It was a 48inch...... No I sold it "the deere", I didn't have a need for it with the few yards I had.....originally I didn't have any plans to buy the gravely, just stumbled up,on it.... It all worked to be about the same money though that's why I say I basically traded for it.... As my luck would have it I picked up 2 yards the following week with big hills in the ditch line...... I should have probaly kept my deere, but to late now LOL

9. Metro that is the best Skull you've made.... That thing is kool

10. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I hear that. Sold a little 36" Deere, then picked up 3 yards with gates, and started looking at 21" mowers (new Exmark 999.99)

Found another 36" Deere for 300.00.