1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely spindle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spcfoor, Jul 15, 2008.

1. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone here have to change out a spindle on a gravley 36" wb? Under heavy load the left blade stops spinning like the bearing is bad. I order a new spindle assembly from www.mowpart.com and just wondering how easy I can put it in and if there are any tricks or suggestions.
  2. spcfoor

I feel like an idiot. So yesterday I get home from work and go start mowing. The first property I have to use the 21 on the front due to it being on a steep hill and small. The back yard is large and open so get the 36 and start the first pass no problem then the sound starts take off the cover to make sure nothing is caught up and just go load it up finish with the 21. Go home and start to look closer lift up the deck and the somehow the blade is loose. So I take the blades off sharpen them and put them back on tight and start no problem no noise. I ordered a spindle assembly yesterday and now I don't need it. I guess I have one for later.
  3. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

Send it back. Request a refund.
  4. spcfoor

I think I will go ahead and keep it. That way if one does got out I can replace it quickly and not have to wait.