Gravely Standers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kps2389, Jul 15, 2008.

1. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

Who makes the Gravely Stander Mowers? I have heard that it is Great Dane but have not seen any other info on that. Thanks

2. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Ariens Company, Auburn Operations. Formerly know as Auburn Consolidated Industries. They also make the Great Dane and Everride standers.

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Right on....

4. kps2389

Thats what someone told me that Everide, Gravely and Great Dane are all the same but I had never heard anything else about it. Thanks for the help guys.

5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, ACI was a great company, I just heard they had an "expert" come in and told them to stockpile inventory, thus leading to the demise of the company. They were then scooped up by Ariens and it should be smooth sailing ahead!

6. kps2389

Thanks for the help. I have been looking at the Stander mowers because I plan on purchasing a new mower next year but the closest Wright dealer is like 50 miles away from me so I wanted to learn more about the other standers available to see if they are decent mowers. I also heard Toro is coming out with a Stander so I might have to check that out.

7. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I have a Great Dane Super Surfer. Just bought a bagger from my Gravely dealer, it fit perfect. The machines are identical, other than paint.