Gravely Superstriper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kabrac, Aug 3, 2008.

1. kabrac

kabrac LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Does anyone out there have/use a Gravely Superstiper push mower. How much are they and your opinions on them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

Diddo. Also, how much do they cost and can they handle side slopes? Are they available in the USA (this type of mower seems more popular in Europe)?

3. kabrac

kabrac LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Got a quote in today from my Gravely dealer. It will cost $1,100 for one (about $400 more than what I thought one would cost). Can only be used on new or fine quality lawns, which I knew anyway. I just don't know about $1,100. They need to make push mowers with stripers on them. I sure you could get some and wel/bolt them on but I don't really know about all that.

4. tlb9596

tlb9596 LawnSite Member

Eastman makes one but they're like $1100 also. VERY nice machine though, probably nicer than the Gravely.

5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm also waiting to hear from an actual user.

The brochure says "...Honda engine....effortlessly propels the superstriper accross the terrain".

So is it self-propelled or truely "push" ?

6. kabrac

kabrac LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

It is a push, but it only weighs 60 pounds.

7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'd like to see the end results after mowing with one.

8. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

The Harriet mower imported through Seagrove (same people importing the Allen brand hover mower) is a much, much, much better mower than the Gravely unit.
    I used the Harriet's to mow the par 3 tees on a golf course I maintained because with all of the divot holes and sand necessary to fill I noticed accelerated wear on my tri-plexes bed knives.
    Cuts to 1/2" very well, the huge rear roller stripes well, is self propelled and the rotary blade sharpens just like any other 21" blade. Plus it bags and the Gravely doesn't, or at least the one I demo'd didn't have that option.

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Is this the mower your speaking of?
    [​IMG]

10. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Yep - that's the one.
    I like them so much I am in the process of buying at least two for '09.