Gravely...To Buy or Not?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bettergrass, May 15, 2004.

1. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

wondering if any people know some pros and cons of the Gravely mower line particulary there WB's

2. SCAG POWER

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at that line , for some time did a lot of thinking about it then i went and bought a SCAG walk behind.Started mowing yards one at a time.

Then this past week went to get a tiger cub, but wound up buying a JohnDeere 727A, sweet ZTR, They JohnDeere had a deal going on called grow your business for one year, a reduced rate payment for the first year.

Check it out it is a good mower, most of they people i know in this business run the 757, but ,just starting out it was out of my budget at this time.

So far so good , i'am bidding on two large jobs where this mower will cut the time down quite a bite.
    :alien:

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm going to pick up a demo gravely walkbehind tomorrow. So far the pro's i see are the deck design is very good and its easier to change heights on the fixed decks then other brands, also their pro steers are a nice design if you dont want pistols, they have bigger tires then most, heavy built frame, and in my area good dealer support. The cons is they're all not as powerful as i would like, they only offer 13hp for 36" , 15hp for 44" and 48" for their belt drives and I dont like the sealed front casters, i'd rather have grease fittings but thats just me. All in all i think gravely is really good, the price is cheap on them in my area too so that helped decide too. Give me a pm and let me know some of the prices you've found in your area.

4. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Buy one... you wont regret it. :)

Craig

5. John at JDH Select

John at JDH Select LawnSite Member
    from Indy

I have a new 52" 17hp pro-steer and am thrilled with the performance. They are well built and have a long history of quality products. :blob3:

6. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Why don't you demo one of the Gravely machines ?

The mower decks on the new Gravely pro mowers are as good as it gets in the industry ! They are all at least 5.5 inches deep, and the air flow in the deck, and the very wide discharge chute lets them mow with a really great looking cut.

There are several really great brands of walk- pro mowers , but I don't believe there is anything out there that is BETTER than the Gravely machines.

7. KBW

KBW LawnSite Member

I bought a 48" hydro wb last year. Put about 300 hours on it so far. I've been happy w/it. I do wish it had more hp. Mine is 15 hp.