Gravely.Toro, or Great Dane

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mowersquad, Jan 9, 2007.

1. mowersquad

mowersquad LawnSite Member

Hey ya,ll just getting ready to start a company on the space coast in florida.
    I have been shopping around & have narrowed the machines to the 3 in title of post.

I just want to hear some testimonials on these machines & the dealers that sell them.

Are you treated good? Turn around time on equipment? Prices on parts? Can do most work on machines when I feel like it,just want some advice please

:drinkup:

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I have neither owned nor used any of these.

Are you looking at WB or ZTR?

Things like parts and turnaround time on repairs and prices have more to do with the dealer itself than the brand of mower.

My own opinion - and this is only from what I hear on the 'net and some guys around my town: Toro's Turboforce deck is a great cutting system. I will be looking at it pretty hard this spring because I'm thinking about adding another walk behind.

But, I see a TON of Great Dane mowers around here as well. But I don't know anyone personally who uses them, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on this site. I'm not sure if it's because they are less expensive, but none of the larger companies use them.

3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

None of the above.

Get an eXmark.

4. fiveoboy01

I like exmark just as much as you apparently do...

But throwing out a statement like that with absolutely no reasoning to back it up just makes you look like a dumb-a$$ fanboy.

5. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

We only use Gravely have never had a real problem with them we have been using same since we started in the biz. They are a well built machine:usflag:

6. mowersquad

mowersquad LawnSite Member

They all seem like good machines. I guess I am more interested in the dealers in my area & how they treat people this will be a big decision maker on my purchase

7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Go around and ask other landscapers and lawn maintnance owners how they like there dealer and the service they recieve most will talk to you about that. Toro is all I use and I have never in my 17yrs of mowing commercial had a problem with them. Other than general maintnance oil change, belts, air filter, battery they have been running fine and the cut is the best out there.

8. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I put up a Poll on proven reliability over 5yrs to answer questions like this one. I would like everyone to take the time and put your .02 worth down so people can have the information they need when making such an important decision.

9. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Idiot. I will put it right back at you, your just as big a dump a$$ for throwing out a statement like that with absolutely no reasoning to back it......***

With the amount of stupid posts about "what equipment should I buy" I do not feel compelled to type and type and respond about why I just said "exmark"

Off my a$$ gay boy, thats a couple of my posts that you have had something stupid to say......

10. fiveoboy01

(hands justanotherlawnguy a box of kleenex and a new diaper)