1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Gravely versus Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jweiner, Sep 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. jweiner

jweiner LawnSite Member

:confused: I would like to purchase a new 36" mower. I haven't used either so I am looking for a suggestion. The two I am deciding between are the Gravely GR1336FX and the Toro 30694. Both units are 36", gear drive, fixed deck. They have similar specs, both having Kawasaki engines. I also like to mulch occasionally and am wondering which unit might work better as a mulcher with the mulching attachment. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Joel

2. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

All depends upon dealer support. Both units are good commercial units so go with the better dealer.

3. frotis

frotis LawnSite Senior Member

4. jweiner

jweiner LawnSite Member

Frotis - where have you seen the Toro 40" hydro for $3400. I was getting quotes of $3000 - $3500 for the 36" gear drive

5. frotis

frotis LawnSite Senior Member

There is a dealer on here who has them for that price: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=279280

I was wrong, the price is $3695.00

Also search eBay for "Toro 40 hydro" there is an authorized dealer on there who sells them around the same price. It just shows up marked up some dealers are.

I was looking a couple months back for one, but decided to wait until next year.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009