Gravely vs. Fastrak

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by cleo, Apr 11, 2004.

1. cleo

cleo LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Which would you consider the better mower? A Gravely 52" deck with a 23 hp Kohler, or a 52'' fastrak with a 20 hp Honda. They are both twin cylinders and both around the $4500 range. I mow a acre and a half on flat ground. Does anyone know much abouth the Gravely mowers. Just looking for some advice/ Thank You

2. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Cleo, Both mowers are a solid choice. I currently own a Gravely WB and love it. When I do upgrade to a z, those are probably the two that I'll be looking at as well. What part of OH are you in? I live in Huron on Lake Erie. If you are in the area, I know two dealers for you to check out.

3. graft

graft LawnSite Member

I'm looking at the same Gravely. Did you buy the Gravely? If so, have you had any problems?

4. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Graft, if you are referring to the Z, no I still have the WB. I do, however, love the WB if that is what you are asking :)

5. graft

graft LawnSite Member

I was talking the Z. I have about 3 acres to mow, and I'm really looking hard at the Gravely@home 23/52. Not too many posts here about Gravely and even less about the 23/52. I've checked it out, and think that the Gravely seem to be built better than the typical homeowner unit, but no quite as good as commercial. but for 23 hp and 52" deck, I got quoted a pretty good price $4199. Just haven't ran into too many that have the 23/52.