1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

gravely vs snapper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scottslawncareav, Feb 10, 2012.

1. scottslawncareav

scottslawncareav LawnSite Member

I am going to get a new mower a little later in the year. I was going to get a snapper but hear about it clogging but that would be the only issue i have heard. Heard a lot of bad things about torro locally. I currently have 2 hondas so a couple of wet lawns mowing with the honda wouldn't be the end of the world. I just want to get a nicer finish cut with more suction. has anyone used the Gravely classic lm series, the gravely pro 21 xd , the exmark 21 x series, or any other 21 inch for this purpose.

2. A.T.G LAWN CARE

A.T.G LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

i have a 21 snapper and love it, one of the best 21 that Ive owned love it, cut great, starts easy, super reliable for usein several times in a week. i also have a older 21 exmarklove it to. but i would but the snapper:cool2:

3. scottslawncareav

does the exmark have as much suction as the snapper?

4. A.T.G LAWN CARE

yes, it does have as much, but the bag for exmark is a little quicker to get off, i would go snapper and save 200 or more bucks:cool2:

5. scottslawncareav

ok thanks first i got to get a new h trimmer. had bought an echo last year and the year before. i keep having problems with the carbs gumming up. My dealer says echo is notorious for that im using stihl mix and i use the thing probably 3-4 hours a week on mostly privets and box woods, doesn't even really sit a week without being used at least once. last year i had problems with stihl w trimmer but not blower and my echo blower but not trimmer. im thinking ill stick with echo w trimmers and stihl blowers but have only tried echo h trimmers.
    What would be a reliable h trimmer red max, stihl or another brand?

6. A.T.G LAWN CARE

ive allways used echo for line trimmers and blowers, i have an off brand hedge trimmer, so i would ask a few dealers close to u but me and my dad have all ways bought echo for our bussiness':)