1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

gravely w/b

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NLS, Feb 16, 2003.

1. NLS

NLS LawnSite Member

I am purchasing a 36" w/b gravely. What is the pros and cons of this machine?
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Very good machine. Ive owned mine for 6 years without having to do a single repair. Provides a exellent quaity of cut also. only downside is that its terrible in wet conditions.....I guess some belt drives are better then others in wet conditions.....
  3. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

Love mine, The 13hp twin Kawi is one strong motor, I had the mulching kit installed (gator blades and baffle) at delivery and it gives an excellent cut, I have the fixed deck unit and find changing deck height a snap.;)
  4. McNeal Lawn

McNeal Lawn LawnSite Member

I have had a few problems with my 36" WB, mostly centered around drive system, (trans, drive belts, and pulleys). Dan1944 I would sure like to kmow where you got mulch kit for your 36" WB?
    According to dealer there is no such thing for a 36" WB, any info would be appreciated.
  5. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

Gravely web site says they are available for all new 32, 36, 44 and 48" WB's, mine is a 2002 model. my dealer claims that they made significant improvements over older models in the drive belt system and spindles, he had an older model in stock along with the 02 model and I could see the differences, he made me a real good deal on the older one, but I went for the newer one considering he is a 40 mile trip from me. Time will tell, if I did the right thing. Why don't you E-mail Gravely and see if it will fit your model ?