Gravely W/b's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buttaluv, Sep 6, 2004.

1. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I am looking at getting a new gravely 48 hydro with the pro steer and a floating deck, or what ever they call the new steering system their using. I did a search and it seems most people are happy with them that are using them, But when I looked in my J. Thomas catalog to kind of get some ideas how much parts would be, they really don't carry many Gravely parts, just some belt drives and deck for the riders. So my question is this, are parts hard to get for them? People around here mostly use Ferris and Exmark, but I really like this guy at the Gravely dealer, he has been more helpful that any of the other dealers around here, and I just don't understand why their not selling more of these machines.
  2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I own Exmark, but I dont think you will be disappointed with the Gravely. Make dang sure you get a hydro for anything over 36" or you will work yourself to death. I think if you get the Gravely hydro you automatically get the floating deck, which is another big plus.
  3. Dig-it Landscaping

Dig-it Landscaping LawnSite Member

I've got a 48 gravely wb it mows great, and is very reliable. but i wish i would have gotten the hydro and floating deck.
  4. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I've been looking at the Gravely's also. 2 dealers in my area. See if they are still offering "spring pricing" on in-stock product. A dealer here has some product left over & it is less than MSRP. Let us know what it's like when/if you get it. Good Luck
  5. John at JDH Select

John at JDH Select LawnSite Member
    from Indy

I bought a 52" Hydro with Pro-steer this year. It is by far the most productive machine in our flleet. You will not be disappointed. For comparison's sake, I also have snapper and Dixie Chopper.