1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely wb?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawman, Apr 5, 2001.

1. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

What do you guy's and Gal's think about the Gravely WB? Thanks for the imput. A friend is looking at a 48 inch 14 hp Kaw belt for a one acher yard. Home owner use only. Thanks. I am pushing him, to get an emark.
  2. captjack

captjack LawnSite Member

i have 2 gravleys i like them. one is a pro 40,its the discontinued 200 model and the other one is a pro 36 and its a 150 model. they have been good machines. i use them for home use only(one for dads yard/one for mine). i live in severna park so if you all have any question about them we could meet.
    capt jack
  3. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't looked at a new one in 3 or 4 years. At the time, they seemed flimsy to me. And they weren't cheap to buy.
  4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

well I couldnt tell you about the 50 inch deck but I have a Gravely 36 inch 12.5 Kawasaki engine 150 series mower. I bought this mower in spring of '96 have have not spend a dollar on any repair! All i have done is routine maintenance! The 36 inch deck is fabricated and gives a exellent cut! the machine as a whole is built extremly heavy duty! Does anybody know how the 50 inch fabricated decks cut compared to the stamped?
  5. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

BTW, I was talking about stamped the deck. I never saw one with a welded deck.
  6. UrbanEarth

UrbanEarth LawnSite Member

I have a 150, 16 horse Kohler, with a 50" stamped deck. I wish I had gone for the fabricated deck. It is way more solid then the stamped. I have had to repair the baffles several times when they get kooked on things (usually loading and unloading!)
    The machine had a few bugs in it , but now that they are gone, it has been a great machine. I would buy another Gravely.