Gravely WB?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I'm looking for Barry to answer this ?. Why doesn't Gravely have a easier way to adjust the deck height like on a Scag,Exmark,or Toro? I tried out a Pro-150 two years ago and LOVED everything about the machine except for the deck height adjustment. It was just too much of a pain in the BUTT to adjust. Could you enlighten us on this reason of DESIGN.
    Thanks,
    Mowman

2. Mowman

THE 2002 float decks will have just 4 pins to pull like the scag ultimate does
    I cant wait to get ahold of one next spring

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

The older models really don't compare to the new models. Wait and demo one in the spring.

4. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

how often do you adjust your height anyways?

5. Eng Mwr Guy

Eng Mwr Guy Gravely Manufacturer

The deck pins on the floating deck are like everyone else's.

The fixed deck has captured spring loaded j-pins which give you an easier height of cut adjustment than anyone using those spacers.

I think the primary advantage of the j-pins is keeping the deck rake (pitch) at the optimum attack angle to give maximum striping effect and the best quality of cut.

Barry
    Gravely Guy

6. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

This spring your dealer should have the NEW GRAVELY w/ an easier to adjust deck. My dealer will have some this spring. I know this b/c I am lucky enough to have a tight relatioship w/my dealer. Gravely is doing away w/the 150 pro and changing it to something else, but I forget what it is called. Check em out.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't the new model the "Barry Special"? :D

8. Eng Mwr Guy

Quit it! You're making me blush.:D

I would call it the LawnSite Walk machine actually. Your input had more to do with it than anything else.

The new name for the machines are ProG and ProH. I personally hate the names. Any suggestions?

Barry
    Atiens/Gravely Guy

9. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey since we had so much to do with the new Gravely w/bs, can we get a super discount rate on them?:blob3:

10. Eng Mwr Guy

No.

Didn't the thread on lowballers tell anyone anything???

It applies to equipment too.;)

Barry
    Ariens/Gravely Guy