Gravely Weld Crack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigred2, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

It's not that we're turning on you. It's that you have only a few posts and all of them are about this machine being bad. Lots of guys come on here and troll in the same manner. Now, if you had posted this last bit of info right off, I doubt anyone would be starting to wonder. I really do hope you get things squared to your liking. I am also sure you have a fluke machine, and not anything near normal. Good luck to you bro!.Thumbs Up

2. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Hey GC, sorry to hear about your problems. It's aggravating as h*ll to pay the kind of money these commercial mowers cost, just to end up having problems like you're having. My son has owned a 252 for several years and has had a few problems with the mower, but nothing really serious.

All things considered, Gravely is a reputable company and hopefully they will take care of these problems. But of course, like you said, that won't make up for the money you've already lost.

I've got a friend that is considering buying a 400 for his personal property (8 acres) and the main reason is the air ride seat. He was considering buying soon in hopes of getting an "after season discount", but I'm going to make him aware of these problems so he can wait to see what the outcome of this situation is before deciding what to buy. Oddly enough he too was considering buying another ExMark (he owned one about 20 years ago and was happy with it). But, because of a bad back, the air ride seat on the 400's got his attention.

Do you have any idea as to what the problem is with the seat? Do you think maybe it was a bad design to begin with? As I'm sure you know, the air ride seat is one of the main selling points of the 400, so there is going to be a lot of disappointed customers if it turns out to be a flawed design.

Please keep us posted, Stan.

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

what riding green said. A number a people have come on here just to complain or rave about a machine. The identifying mark is a low post number less than 10 like you. Thats why they turned haha Stick around long enough and you will see them. I remember one guy who came on here and said his bad boy could cut foot high grass at 15mph without the engine working. crazy stuff like that. Anyways welcome to the wild world of lawnsite.com :usflag:

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I believe everything you've said, as I also believe there was a reason for many of the structual problems. Now, with that being said, let's all wait and see how strong Gravely's customer service turns out to be. You can get a lemon in the best of the best made, no matter the product, but we will now see how Gravely responds to their faulty product which cost you a large amount of money to purchase. In the real business world, you always want the customer satisfied, no matter the cost, this is for the fact the cost to satisfy a particular person (especially where information can be accessed so easily as with LS) can generate profits ten fold. Whereas, negative publicity can cost a company many, many sales.

My thought process from a business standpoint is, I would prefer to lose a lesser amount of money satisfying one customer, than to lose a tremendous amount of money due to lower sales generated from negative publicity. Really this is no more than common sense, but then again, people in this country are all about that dollar in hand and living for the moment, rather than thinking about adding business for their future.

5. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Well I'm sorry about the accusation. You can see from the other postings why I thought that. Sorry for all the troubles with the 460. It is strange that they don't provide loaners. It is common for all dealers here to provide loaners while yours is in the shop. Lots of dealers here to choose from though. Best of luck!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Gravely Commercial

Gravely Commercial Inactive

Sorry for the misunderstanding when we visited. I assured you that we would work with the dealer to fix your unit, and our Tech Service group has already reached out to your dealer to make that happen.

Those on Lawnsite know that Gravely stands behind our products, so I will follow up with you personally to make sure you are satisfied.

Thanks.
    Mary Lyn

7. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

A customer should not expect any more than you've offered, and it speaks volumes for Gravely, but moreso for the person such as yourself that fortifies the action...Kudos to you Mary Lyn, and I do love your name.

8. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

The allmighty dollar n'at. :laugh:

9. The Gardener's crew

The Gardener's crew Banned

Haven't heard from Mary Lyn yet. No call or anything?????

10. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Is your machine fixed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.