gravely z-turns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slowleak, Mar 29, 2003.

1. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

anybody out there have any thoughts on a gravely z-turn with the 60 inch deck. i think i might buy one .thanks kevin
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I just ordered a 272z, with 31hp turbo-diesel and five options.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've heard nothing but good things about these machines. When they first came out, there were a few glitches in them, like the front deck casters would pop off because of the pin setup that held them on, and go under the mower (real ugly noise - not to mention incredibly high liability). Gravely quickly fixed this. They put out an excellent cut, (which is NOTHING like the older Gravely mowers - before the Z's). Now, they are even up to a ridiculous 14 mph! :p Anyway, there is alot of bang for the buck, there.
  4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out their 100 series Z's. They offer a lot of bang for the buck. :) ;) :) ED
  5. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

the pm260z. with the 25 hp kohler.......boyz, shes a beauty ; ) can't wait to mow ........
  6. spin2098

spin2098 LawnSite Member

Gravely is simply the best out there. Last year we bought a walk behind proG1548 and a seated zero turn zt2048. Best debt I ever took on. Both of them cut like champs. Towards the end of the season the zt2048 was not cutting as well I assume cause the blades were dull but the proG (walk behind) made the yards look like PNC park. Word of warning cutting hills can get tricky. But you can't go wrong with a Gravely is this man's opinion.
  7. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

yeah, i've cut some hills and inclines that i never thought i would on a bunton z-turn.........but thst was with the tractor type tires not the turf type......i love it .....they sure aren't cheap though....
  8. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

A 1999, 2000, and 2001.

2 Kohlers, 1 Kawasaki. You did the right thing getting the Kohler, the Kawasaki has had more trouble in 300 hours than both Kohlers put together in 1500 hours.

Did you look at the EFI Kohler? Or the 27HP air cooled Kohler? They are all essentially the same motor.

I love the hydraulic deck lifts.

These machines really are nice in the 7,000-8,000 range. In my opinion the only thing better is the Kubota ZD series diesel, more bang for the buck at about 10,000 than the Gravely 31HP turbo diesel at about 13,000.

9. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome the Gravely family. I have a 260Z 25hp Kohler and I’m very happy with it. Did you get the LiftMaster it makes changing blades a breeze... Later Z.....:blob4:

10. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

thanks.! no i didn't get the liftmaster. i might later though if my floor jack give's out on me. yes,i got the 25 hp kohler command. nice machine. GREAT MACHINE ; ) kevin