1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

gravely ztr ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnMowerKing10, Jan 27, 2007.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

I need a new ztr should I buy a gravely? what do you think of them?
  2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Do you already have one? What is your best dealer in your area as far as customer service? Get demos on many different brands and find what you like and what works best for YOU.
  3. LawnMowerKing10

the closest dealer is 5 miles away... sells toro and exmark... john deere dealer 17 miles away and gravely is 17 miles also...
  4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm always seeing you asking general opinions on the various makers. I don't have a problem with it at all, heck I read up on these threads because I will be buying a mower this spring. Yet, you need to study your dealers and which one you want to do business with. Would I be considering a Wright if my dealer didn't sell them... probably not. Find the dealer then study their products and determind which is best for you.
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Go with Toro Z-Master or Exmark you will get better service in the long run.
  6. LawnMowerKing10

lawnpro724- the exmarks cost to much
  7. Ludicrous Speed

Ludicrous Speed LawnSite Member

I think that the service does not necessarily come from a brand more than it comes from a dealer.

I am sure some brands may be harder on warranty issues, just like cars, motorcycles, etc, though.......
  8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have 152z, 23 kawi, since last Feb, best buy for me. The cut is very nice especially added home-mde rubber striping. I got it very low price that couldn
    't pass. Super easy to take care and maintain. If you want to spend like 7-8k, go with Toro Turboforce, they are sharp and no mistake on the cut.
  9. Steelratt

Steelratt LawnSite Member
    from CNY

I bought a 44z last year. Fantastic build quality, and the cut looks great (at least to my untrained eyes). At first I was reluctant to even look at the gravelys, instead focusing on scag, exmark, toro, etc etc. But once I really looked, I realized that the gravelys were just as good.

I currently run the mulch kit and the striping kit. The mulch kit, which includes baffles, seems to do a great job, and I have almost no buildup under the deck, even with mowing damp grass.
  10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravley all the way. The new ones are built like tanks!!! Plus gravley has 6 months same as cash and 1.9% after that.