1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by doubleedge, May 30, 2008.

1. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Anyone have experience with gravely? How do they stack up with exmark and the other top tier brands? I am looking at the 44" 144m XDZ, which is thier highest end 44" ZTR. Is this ZTR any good? It looks great on paper, but that doesnt say anything about the cut or reliablility.
  2. 1st Choice

1st Choice LawnSite Member

Not sure but just took delivery this morning on a 2008 Scag Tiger cub 48 in.
    used all day and was just a dream..... love the cut luv the cub...
  3. wallyturcotte

wallyturcotte LawnSite Member

gravely is a top notch machine... you wont go wrong with it ........
  4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

do a search and you will see several of us here that love them
  5. M&M Mowing

M&M Mowing LawnSite Member

I love my Gravelys.
  6. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

My captain has one, Super nice machine. Deck is built like a tank.

Good luck.
  7. lickliss

lickliss LawnSite Member

When you are buying a commercial grade mower and paying those higher prices, every major brand will have devotees and should provide solid reliable performance. I am a Gravely operator, 2 XZ's, a 144, 32" walk-behind and even a 21" all Gravely. The cut and performance is fine, but the number one reason I choose Gravely is my confidence and trust in my local dealer. I know he stands behind his products and service and more importantly he stands beside me day in and day out. If a mower needs service, he will get me a loaner or demo, he wants and values my business. I don't perform scheduled maintenance, he does. He watches the service bulletins, knows what I own and keeps me running so I can concentrate on growing my business and running a safe and productive daily schedule. By all means go Gravely they are great machines, but definitely go dealer unless you never plan on a problem or concern after purchase. Just my opinion.
  8. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

I love my gravely, but honestly there isnt really a "bad mower" out of all the major brands. only mower I wouldn't touch is a ferris.