1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Gravely Ztr's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sybran, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Sybran

Sybran LawnSite Member

I am intrested in gathering some information, on the gravely ztr's for cutting as well as I live in the snow belt region of Ontario, Canada so lots of snow for us. I was at the landscape trade show a few weeks back and looked at all the machines.

My question is does anyone use there ztr for snow removal by putting a snow blower on the front?????

For us this would make this peice of equipment usable for 12 months rather then 6-7 months.
  2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I asked this question a year or so ago and no one replied back. I think it would be cool to see in action. A 27HP diesel 55" snowblower!!!!

I have a 260Z. I'm satisfied with it. The cut quality could be a little better in the thick, dense grass. Otherwise, I love Gravely's. When I bought mine in 2003, it was the most bang for the buck.
  3. Sybran

Sybran LawnSite Member

I am trying to decide on the Deere 997 or Gravely 272 with diesel both have the 72" deck. Like the idea of hydraulic lift on Gravely eapecially for the winter. I do however have all Deere equipment right know. Any ideas on the Deere 997 its a little bigger and heavier and no blowing ability.
  4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Your best bet is to go demo both, if possible.

The 7-Iron deck on the JD is going to out perform the Gravely's Airflow deck.

Both diesels are 31HP, but the Daihatsu on the Gravely is turbo charged, if that makes any difference to you.

I really love the hydrualic deck, I've used foot pedal deck lifts and there just isn't the control aspect to them. That can be more a personal preference, however, some like it, some hate it.