gravely ztrs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by themowinguy, Jul 2, 2003.

1. themowinguy

themowinguy LawnSite Member
    from midwest

could anyone tell me about the gravely pm-152-z 23hp kawasaki with a 52" deck will they hold up. thanks for your help

2. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

I own a PM 260Z with 25 hp. This machine is okay it is not the best mower when your in a rough property, but it also has to do with the deck size. But it mows great when you have a nice ride. If i was you i would try a Lazer Z and a Gravely. Im going to try a Lazer Z next.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I don't think reliability will be an issue with this mower. They use the same components that are common to 99% of all commercial mowers. Do your research, about all the MFG's have a Kawasaki engine option and about all use hydro-gear pumps and Parker Ross wheel motors. Aside from the engine and hydro system, all you have are some bearings and a bunch of steel.

If I were you I'd be looking more towards more important issues about the mowers. Some good demos are the best way to find most of this out.

Otherwise from that I can't add much. Well except, around here, with Gravely you get a lot of mower and nice features for the money. With the PM 100 series you get larger tires than compairable mowers, hydralic deck lift, canister air filter, stuff like that. Plus the breakaway steering lever design is nice if yo ever need to get of in a hurry. (thinking of trying to fit those to mine)

You may want to look at the PM 260Z while you are at it though. Here they don't cost much more. You get more cutting width, 3 mph faster and it comes with the suspension seat which is a real nice option (I want the seat too). When I was shopping, there was only like $100 difference between the PM 160 and the PM 260Z.

Demo what's available to you and see what YOU like.

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I don't think reliability will be an issue with this mower. They use the same components that are common to 99% of all commercial mowers. Do your research, about all the MFG's have a Kawasaki engine option and about all use hydro-gear pumps and Parker Ross wheel motors. Aside from the engine and hydro system, all you have are some bearings and a bunch of steel.

If I were you I'd be looking more towards more important issues about the mowers. Some good demos are the best way to find most of this out.

Otherwise from that I can't add much. Well except, around here, with Gravely you get a lot of mower and nice features for the money. With the PM 100 series you get larger tires than compairable mowers, hydralic deck lift, canister air filter, stuff like that. Plus the breakaway steering lever design is nice if yo ever need to get of in a hurry. (thinking of trying to fit those to mine)

You may want to look at the PM 260Z while you are at it though. Here they don't cost much more. You get more cutting width, 3 mph faster and it comes with the suspension seat which is a real nice option (I want the seat too). When I was shopping, there was only like $100 difference between the PM 160 and the PM 260Z.

Demo what's available to you and see what YOU like.

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member